21.We are said to be living in ________ Information Age, ________ time of new discoveries and great changes.
A. an; the B. 不填; the C. 不填; a D. the; a
22. Was it ________ she said or something that she did ________ you were angry at so much?
A. what; that B. that; which C. that; what D. what; which
23. Read this story, _________you will realize that not everything can be bought with money.
A. or B. and C. but D. so
24. To show our respect, we usually have to take off our gloves_________ we are to shake hands with.
A. whichever B. whenever C. whoever D. wherever
25. I am sick of rain and the bad weather! Hopefully, when we _________ up tomorrow morning, the sun_________.
A. wake; will be shining B. will wake; is shining
C. will wake; shines D. wake; shines
26. It is politely requested by the hotel manager that radios__________ after 11 o’clock at night.
A. were not played B. not be played
C. not to play D. did not play
27. The limits of a person’s intelligence, generally speaking, are fixed at birth, but he reaches these limits will depend on his environment.
A. where B. whether C. that D. why
28. A lot of language learning, has been discovered, is happening in the first year of life, so parents should talk much to their children during that period.
A. as B. it C. which D. this
29. We’ve had a good start, but next, more work needs _________to achieve the final success.
A. being done B. do C. to be done D. to do
30. __________I always felt I would pass the exam, I never thought I would get an A.
A. While B. Once C. If D. Until
31. The lecture, __________at 7:00 pm late night, was followed by an observation of the moon with telescopes.
A. starting B. being started C. to start D. to be started
32. ——Since I am your old customer, would you _________ some books to us for free?
——No problem. We'd love to .
A. pay off B. call off C. give away D. put away
33. Shenzhou 10’s only female member is Wang Yaping, a 35-year-old air force pilot _________ earlier duties included seeding clouds in an attempt to clear the skies for the 2008 Beijing Summer Olympic Games.
A. whose B. her C. of which D. who
34. Her English is much too perfect. She ________ it herself, I bet.
A. might have written B. can’t have written
C. can’t write D. must have written
35. — What are you going to do this weekend?
— __________. If time permits, I may go to Shanghai with my friends.
A. Don't mention it B. It doesn't matter C. Forget it D. It depends